Language: Georgian / English
Duration: 6 hours (1 day)
Target group: Medical staff: doctors, nurses, paramedics; Medical students and Residents; Non-medical staff.
Pediatric Basic Life Support Algorithm (PBLS) is a course of training of European Resuscitation Council (ERC). It is fully dedicated to the basic life support and cardiopulmonary resuscitation of the pediatric patients.
The course will teach:
- The basic concept of high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in Children;
- Detection of Cardiac Arrest;
- The Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Algorithm in children and infants updated by European Resuscitation Council (ERC) in 2015;
- Chain of survival for children and infants;
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation by one and two rescuers in children and infants;
- Usage of an automatic external defibrillator (AED) in children and infants;
- Mechanical respiration techniques using bag-valve-mask and mask;
- Giving rescue breaths to children and infants;
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation under tracheal intubation;
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for children and infants;
- Effective teamwork during resuscitation activities.
Successful participants will receive a certificate from European Resuscitation Council (ERC).
The course is accredited by the Professional Development Council of IDPs from the Occupied Territories of Georgia, Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Affairs.